We have so fortunate to be so busy since we first opened as a family restaurant and always welcomed children who we have always been seen as future guests
But as we see the end of pandemic a even greater threat has arrived as we see the effects of climate change which will effect future lives for those children.
Although it now appear too late to stop it, the challenge is now to quickly embrace changes to ensure the next generation that will have a planet this is some way habitable.
We look forward to the challenge as well as helping others
Liberty Grill has made it a key purpose to continuously strive towards environmental impact reduction.
- Liberty strives towards a zero (food) waste goal with use of stock pot cuttings as well as making all dishes in small batches to avoid such waste.
- We use 98% compostable packaging for all takeaway /delivery orders.
- Over the last 4 years have invested in a Lincat Vortech Fryers and a Synergy Grill which has reduced our energy usage by half. We are looking to invest in induction technology to see can achieve further reductions
- We are currently investigated getting involved in a plan to offset our carbon consumption and look forward to updating you when we can put this in place
- We compost but this is limited by the waste companies not getting on board so we can increase the frequency of pick ups. We intend to reduce our landfill this year minimum on our return to reopening
- We aim to increase our vegetarian and vegan offering as we begin the turn away from meat.
- Over the last couple of year we have begun to omit seafood items like salmon, tuna, farmed fish (Sea Bass & Sea Bream) as well as scallops as the damage to the environment is so great that turning a blind eye was no longer acceptable. We are currently researching further area of marine concern but accept their are local fishermen who must be kept in the loop as they will be needed to farm the sea sustainably in the future
- The majority of our wines are in the whole organic and vegan, the wine industry use of Herbicides (Roundup) which is totally out of proportion to the acres of land in use
- Marianne Delaney the co-owner of Liberty Grill sits on Cork Food Policy council which seeks to influence local food policy to follow best practices in developing a healthy, sustainable and resilient food system
Liberty Grill has made it a key purpose to take care of all its employees and its surrounding community as far as possible.
- We are family restaurant welcome all children from breast feeding babies to teenagers. We equally welcome enjoying the later years of their life journey.
- Upskilling of employees through offering plenty growth opportunities. We are currently working with
Our workplace is diverse and open workplace
- Challenging career opportunities and perspectives for all employees, creating a vibrant company atmosphere and reflecting well on the brand.
- Liberty focuses on local products, by sourcing seafood, meats and vegetables from local fisheries & farms . These include O’Mahony’s Butcher and family farm, Waterfall Farm, East Ferry Free Range Chicken, Ballycotton Seafood, Shellfish de la Mer and Rosscarbery Black Pudding & Bacon
- We are proud to support Cork Pride, Cork Midsummer and Cork Film Festivals. We also support the Irish Wildlife Society, Ethical Farming Ireland, Save Cork City as well as numerous other charities Cork Nature Network by donating vouchers. We will however going forward concentrate on Environmental groups to highlight the urgency